Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
At HooHA we accept our social responsibility for good corporate citizenship. We aim to positively influence the attitudes and behavior of our key stakeholders, particularly our employees, suppliers, and business partners.
We consider our key corporate social responsibility issues to be:
1. Employing and retaining people of ability and integrity;
2. Engaging our employees, customers and suppliers to promote sustainable living;
3. Dealing fairly with our employees, customers and suppliers and selling responsibly sourced, quality products and services;
4. Managing and monitoring risk throughout the business;
5. Minimizing waste, and maximizing recycling and reuse;
6. Responding and adapting to climate change;
We take a long term view of our social responsibility, actively engaging with our stakeholders and continually monitoring and managing our progress and performance. We review our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy on a regular basis to ensure that it remains in line with core activities and objectives.
In order to positively influence key stakeholders’ behavior, we:
1. Communicate and implement our policy throughout HooHA by effective staff induction and training, and enforcing adherence to our employee handbook;
2. Support the protection and promotion of basic human rights, respecting individual diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation;
3. Fully comply with all local and national laws regarding the minimum age of employment, working hours and restrictions on juvenile employment. All wages and benefits will meet or exceed the minimum national requirements or, in the absence of law, industry benchmark standards;
4. Endeavor to safeguard workers from exploitation, hazard and long term damage to health. We will protect the health, safety and welfare of all our employees. Working conditions will be safe and hygienic with adequate assessments and steps taken to ensure and maintain such an environment;
5. Make employees aware of their employment rights. Required legislation along with company policies and procedures will be appropriately communicated across the business;
6. Train all staff to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform their individual tasks. We will encourage personal and professional development;
7. Promote and encourage a healthy work-life balance for employees throughout the business;
8. Expect all our suppliers to comply with their equivalent local legal obligations and will audit them accordingly;
9. Encourage our suppliers to comply with the Conflicts Materials Rule;
We consider our Environmental Policy to be central to our corporate social responsibility: this document is available upon request.